Saturday, August 02, 2008

These are confusing times.

I just finished watching an absolutely brilliant movie ... The Graduate (Something I very strongly recommend). The movie is about this absolutely mindfucked guy who struggles with the realities of one of God's most intriguing experiments - women. At the same time I watch around six episodes of Seinfeld a day and get more and more fascinated by the character of George Costanza. In fact in a state of inebriation I also remark to a dumbfounded roommate that there is a little George Costanza inside all of us and vehemently insist upon the profoundity of the statement. Apart from all this I also see myself go about the motions of my last semester in college interspersed with speculations about the future, pitfalls of the placement process, subtle nostalgia and some pretty quirky yet life changing realizations (eg: No matter how well you know a female she will always throw you off guard with the most innocuous of comments.)

These are troubled times.

These are the times when you realize that no matter what you just cannot turn to a girl and very cheerfully tell her that her perfume is horrible. These are the times when ridiculing the failure of your friends in the all important job interviews is possibly the best way of sharing the common sense of guilt and shame. I have also come to understand the micro economics behind smoking when it all boils down to the last millimeter of the obnoxiously smelling lit up end of the cancer stick. There have been times when I have debated about my sanity in the face of the purest form of sloth known to the mortal world. And there have times when I have managed to surprise myself with my perseverance. I have bugged a close friend of mine incessantly about his love life without ever trying to rectify whatever is happening in my life. I have absolutely shunned the concept of the seemingly all important Friendship Day. I have become absolutely convinced that I am too old for all this. At the same time I am also apprehensive that I am not old enough to start working right away and worry about things like IT returns.

These are curious times.

Well for all of you who have managed to read through this piece of crap... too bad for you. If you liked it, well may your sins be upon you. If you did not like it ... bah!


3 comments:

_manGO_ said...

my sins are upon me man

and we share the same sense of guilt and shame
so cheer up ... there's more to life ... like floating interest rates ... mortgage values ... adultery ... and maybe even bankruptcy ... who knows

and cheer up ...

Sarah Banerjee said...

and its an awesome perfume!! u were drunk..guess u smelt ur own t-shirt smelling of alcohol!!!

Udita Banerjee said...

see see... these ARE confused times. since when have i been trying to tell you that? now hw gets it! kiddo.you.